– From the book “Foundation design”, by Coduto, Donald P.
PhD is not only a certificate, PhD is also an experience. Experience and extensive training on research, collaboration, team-work, time management, coping with stress and communication with stakeholders. PhD is equivalent to 5-6 years of industrial experience on systematic thinking, problem solving, data analysis, visualization and results generation. PhD tells you that this candidate needs minimum supervision, have a make-it work attitude and I-can-solve-it perspective.
A PhD holder is someone who worked on a complex problem for years, analyzed data for years, squeezed hidden results from hard data and worked hard to convince committee members and the research community of his findings. Writing one SCI (ISI) journal is harder than thousands of 2-pages report. To put it simply, when hiring a data scientist, do not ask them if they knows Tableau or not. Do not ask them about if they knows python or not. They can learn a tool in a week, a programming language in one month.
Ali Sadollah received his BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from Islamic Azad University, Semnan, Iran in 2007 and MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, applied mechanics from University of Semnan, Semnan, Iran in 2010…
You can find out more information regarding my publications, research interests, experiences, and so forth.
Avin Sanat Co.
In 2005, a group of engineers and industry experts have registered a company named as “Avin Sanat Yaran”, a private joint stock, registered under No. 262163 in the company’s patented and non-commercial organizations.
News & Updates
Feel free to submit your original scientific papers in our chapter call:
Book Title: Artificial Neural Networks and its Impact on Metaheuristics and Engineering
Feel free to submit your original scientific papers in our paper call:
Advances in Mechanical Engineering: Special Collection: Metaheuristics and Soft Computing in Mechanical Engineering
Published in Sound and Vibration journal with title of “A wavelet-based scheme for impact identification of framed structures using combined genetic and water cycle algorithms” (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022460X18307843?dgcid=author#!).
My latest published book in IntechOpen Publication has been released (https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuzzy-logic-based-in-optimization-methods-and-control-systems-and-its-applications)
The source codes of NNA for solving unconstrained and constrained optimization problems have been provided (more).
Our proposed method so called Neural Network Algorithm (NNA) inspired by the unique structure of ANNs has been published and it is available online (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568494618304277).
Explaining and teaching Water Cycle Algorithm (WCA) for solving unconstrained, constrained, and discrete optimization problems in details in Persian language is provided by me in the below link:
All source codes related to WCA have been slightly modified.
ER-WCA for solving constrained optimization problem is included.
Discrete Versions (Ver. 1 and 2) of WCA for constrained and unconstrained optimization problems have been added.
Multi-objective WCA source codes along with an example are updated.
WCA, ERWCA, and a discrete version of WCA are updated.
Serving as a research fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Activities & Outputs
- Track & Field (Sprinting: 100 & 200 meters)
- Martial Arts….(Read more)
- Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad. “Optimum gradient material for functionally graded dental implant using metaheuristic algorithms”. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 4(7) (2011) 1384-1395.
- Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi. “Mine blast algorithm for optimization of truss structures with discrete variables”, Computers & Structures, 102-103 (2012) 49-63.
- Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi, “Mine Bomb Algorithm: a new population based algorithm for solving constrained engineering optimization problems”, Applied Soft Computing, 13 (2013) 2592-2612.
- Hadi Eskandar, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Mohd Hamdi “Water cycle algorithm – a novel metaheuristic optimization method for solving constrained engineering optimization problems”, Computers & Structures, 110-111 (2012) 151-166.
- Hossein Hemmatian, Abdolhossein Fereidoon, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Multi-objective optimization of laminate stacking sequence for minimizing weight and cost using ant colony optimization”, Advances in Engineering Software, 57 (2013) 8-11….(Read more)