Ali Sadollah, PhD (Full CV)
[accordion-item title=”General Information“]
[accordion-item title=”Education Background“]
Thesis Title: Development and Applications of Metaheuristic Algorithms in Engineering Design and Structural Optimization.
Supervisors: Professor Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Professor Mohd Hamdi, and Associate Professor Judha Purbolaksono
Supervisor: Professor Abdolhossein Fereidoon
[accordion-item title=”Some Publications & Research Activities“]
Published Papers (see more in my CV)
1. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad. “Optimum gradient material for functionally graded dental implant using metaheuristic algorithms”. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 4(7) (2011) 1384-1395.
2. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi. “Mine blast algorithm for optimization of truss structures with discrete variables”, Computers & Structures, 102-103 (2012) 49-63.
3. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi, “Mine Bomb Algorithm: a new population based algorithm for solving constrained engineering optimization problems”, Applied Soft Computing, 13 (2013) 2592-2612.
4. Hadi Eskandar, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Mohd Hamdi “Water cycle algorithm – a novel metaheuristic optimization method for solving constrained engineering optimization problems”, Computers & Structures, 110-111 (2012) 151-166.
5. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Mohd Hamdi, Judha Purbolaksono, “Optimum mechanical behavior of calcium phosphate cement/hydroxyl group functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes/bovine serum albumin composite using metaheuristic algorithms”, Neural Computing & Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s00521-012-1219-4.
6. Ali Sadollah, Mohsen Naeim Hassan Mohamed, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Optimum culture conditions for 1,3-Propanediol production from Crude Glycerol using metaheuristic algorithms”, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Information science, 1(1) (2012) 1-8.
7. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Optimization of die design using metaheuristic methods in cold forward extrusion process”. Neural Computing & Applications, 21 (2012) 2071–2076.
8. Hossein Hemmatian, Abdolhossein Fereidoon, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Multi-objective optimization of laminate stacking sequence for minimizing weight and cost using ant colony optimization”, Advances in Engineering Software, 57 (2013) 8-11.
9. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi, “Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using particle swarm optimization” Advanced Materials Research, 647 (2013) 30-36.
10. Hadi Eskandar, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Weight optimization of truss structures using water cycle algorithm”, International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering, 3(1) (2013) 115-129.
11. Ali Sadollah, Azadeh Ghadimi, Ibrahim H. Metselaar, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Prediction and optimization of stability parameters for Titanium dioxide nanofluid using response surface methodology and artificial neural networks”, Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, accepted.
Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using simulated annealing”, In: Simulated Annealing – Single and Multiple Objective Problems, Edited by Marcos de Sales Guerra Tsuzuki, ISBN 978-953-51-0767-5, Publisher: InTech, pp. 217-238.
Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi, “Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using particle swarm optimization”, International Conference of Biomaterial and Bioengineering 2012 (ICBB 2012), 19-20 December, Hong Kong.
[accordion-item title=”Major Interests“]My hobbies are my professions. I do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do. I take all the things I do equally seriously and find them equally enjoyable. However, for scheduling purposes, I shifted my main concentration along the way, which now seem to remain, for the rest of my life, on metaheuristic algorithms and computational science.
- Optimization and Metaheuristics
- Soft Computing Methods
- High Performance Computing
- Neural Computing
- Parallel Computation
- Computational Solid Mechanics
- CAD/CAE Problems
- Cold Roll Forming Process
My major field in sport is Track & Field in 100 and 200 meters. I was the first and second places at university competitions in 200 meters in 2011 and 2012, respectively. However, I have done many other sports such as soccer, martial arts, badminton, and so forth. Furthermore, I am interested in the scientific aspects of sports. In general, I enjoy practicing and learning all types of sports and outdoor activities.
[/accordion-item][accordion-item title=”Academic Experiences“]
- Research Fellow at Korea University, 2013-present.
- Research assistant (RA) at University of Malaya (UM), Aug 2011 ~ Aug 2013.
- Tutor for AUTOCAD course, University of Malaya, Oct 2012 ~ Mar 2013.
- Supervising 3 MSc students and 2 PhD candidates at University of Malaya.
- Teaching assistant (TA) in different academic courses including Strength of Materials I and II, University of Semnan, Semnan, Iran, Sep 2007 ~ Dec 2009.
[/accordion-item][accordion-item title=”Industrial Experiences“]
- Designer and consultant of cold roll forming (CRF) products, 2007 ~ Present (www.avinsanat.com).
- Served as researcher at a manufacture factory in order to carry out my MSc final project, Semnan, Iran, Aug 2009 ~ Aug 2010.
- Assemble manager at a computer assembling company, Semnan, Iran, Sep 2006 ~ Sep 2008.
Computer and software skills
- Microsoft office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, VISIO).
- Mechanical engineering software (CAD/CAE) including ABAQUS, ANSYS, SOLIDWORKS, AUTOCAD, and CATIA.
- Industrial engineering software such as LINGO, LINDO.
- Operating systems and Internet.
- WordPress (Website design software)
- Having Experience in practical activities such as welding and plating.
- Ability in assembling all parts and hardware (software) of personal computers (PC) and laptops.
- MATLAB (Advanced)[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Language Proficiency & International Experiences“]
Korean[/one_half] Introductory (living for more than 2 years as research fellow)[/one_half_last]Lived in and visited countries:
- Iran (Motherland Country)
- Germany (Mainz, Dortmund, Düsseldorf)
- France (Paris)
- China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang, Perlis, Melaka)
- Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina, Jeddah)
- Indonesia (Medan)
- Hong Kong
- South Korea (Seoul)[/accordion-item]
[accordion-item title=”Membership Affiliation“]
- Active member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Professional member of IEEE (Membership No.: 91081107)
- Professional member of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)
[accordion-item title=”Certificate of Technical Documents“]
<!– [if gte mso 9]>